The application for fall enrollment begins the year before the child is eligible to enroll in Star of the Sea Preschool. Acceptance to the preschool is based on the age of the child, (2.5 years of age by September 1), priority of applicants (see below) and age appropriate self-help skills, e.g. able to use the bathroom independently.
The process for enrollment in the preschool follows the following timeline
- Contact the Preschool Office at 415-221-7449 to set up a parent visit to the classroom. Please call in the fall, September/October, one year prior to the date that the child would be enrolled. Parents will schedule a half-hour visit to the classroom and short discussion with the Preschool Director to answer questions, observe the program and obtain an application for enrollment. Applications are not mailed out without first visiting the classroom.
- Submit completed application by the due date in December with the following supporting documents:
- Birth certificate copy
- Baptismal certificate copy (if Catholic)
- Small photo of the child
- Non-refundable application fee
- Once your application has been submitted, your child will be invited to visit the classroom in January or February.
- Acceptance and Waitlist letters will be mailed to families March 1st.
Acceptance Priority Criteria
Priority for acceptance to the preschool is based upon the following criteria when the completed application is submitted:
- Siblings of currently enrolled children in the preschool OR elementary program;
- Children of employees of Star of the Sea Schools or Parish;
- Family that is registered in Star of the Sea Parish and alumni families;
- Family that is Catholic and registered at another Archdiocesan parish
- Other non-Catholic applicants with special consideration for available schedule as well as girl/boy and age ratios.