Dear Parents and Students,
I am not sure about you but for me, the older I get, the faster time seems to pass by. This makes sense on one level. When we are young, we have a lot of firsts: the first day of school, the first day of summer vacation, the first paid job. Life is full of firsts when we are young and time seems to pass more slowly because everything about those moment is fresh and new. As you read this, there are 19 days left to the school year, fewer for our graduating 8th graders.
We say farewell to our graduates at the graduation liturgy on Wednesday, May 29th at 9am and the graduation ceremony on May 31st at 5pm. The graduation mass and ceremony have long been my favorite traditions here at Star of the Sea School. To me, it truly is the most fitting way to end our students’ experience. Reverently, graduates, their families, faculty and staff gather for this final liturgy and ceremony while we take time to recognize our graduates’ accomplishments and hard work. It is a very special time, one that you are welcome to join us for and one that I will truly miss being a part of.
The next four weeks will be extremely busy so I encourage you to visit the calendar on our school’s website to stay abreast of the many activities we have scheduled. However, the short list for May and June includes the following:
* May 15th – All School Field Trip to SF Giant’s Game.
* May 21st – Spring Concert @ 6:30 pm in the auditorium.
* May 24th – Field Day, 12:00 dismissal.
* May 25th – 8th Grade Confirmation @ 11:00 am.
* May 29th – Graduation Mass @ 9:00 am.
* May 31st – Graduation Ceremony @ 5 pm
(10 am dismissal for 8th grade).
* June 5th and 6th – 12:30 dismissals.
* June 7th – Last day of school. 10:30 dismissal.
Take Care and God Bless,
Mr. David Gallagher