Our Students

Our Students

Thanks to the school’s dedicated faculty, its small class sizes and its supportive, faith-filled community, Star of the Sea students are thriving. Our academic excellence is proven by our students’ achievement on standardized tests, where Star students consistently score better than 75 percent of students across the country.

Complementing the students’ academic instruction, the Star of the Sea community readily embraces students of all faiths and cultures, making our student body incredibly diverse. 42% of our student body is Catholic, while the remaining 58% consists of students of other faiths. The student body reflects the many cultures of the Bay Area: 3% African-American, 35% Asian, 38% Caucasian, 2% Latino/Hispanic and 22% multi-ethnic.

Star of the Sea elementary school currently has approximately 200 students from 170 families. It includes preschool through the 8th grade with one class per grade.  Kindergarten-3rd classes generally have a faculty-to-student ratio of 12:1 and are staffed with a teacher and a teacher’s aide, while  grades 4-8 have a ratio of about 20:1, making Star’s student-to-teacher ratio among the lowest in the San Francisco Archdiocese.

Our Graduates

Perhaps the best measure of our students’ academic achievements comes from the high schools that our graduates attend. Our graduates are consistently accepted to and excel in some of San Francisco’s finest public and private high schools, including:

  • Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory,
  • St. Ignatius College Preparatory,
  • Archbishop Riordan High School,
  • Mercy High School,
  • Lowell High School,
  • and San Francisco University High School.

Comments are closed.